AGE-ACT – American Geriatrics Education-Administrator Coordinator Team
Welcome to the American Geriatrics Education Administrator Coordinator Team (AGE-ACT). AGE-ACT is a newly established national professional forum comprised of administrators/coordinators supporting Family and Internal Medicine Geriatric Fellowship Programs. We are committed to excellence in Geriatric Medicine and facilitate the training of the future Geriatrician workforce.
AGEACT’s mission is to foster an environment of professional growth and development for administrators/coordinators supporting Geriatric Medicine programs and to establish an education resource for both novice and experienced members; with particular emphasis on administration and coordination of health care delivery, education, and research within the Geriatric Medicine Fellowship programs.
AIMS & Objectives
- Serve as advocates and a supportive network for individuals who serve as the program administrator/coordinator for Geriatric Medicine Fellowships.
- Promote and provide forums and leadership for national administrator/coordinator members.
- Provide a forum for sharing and discussing program management challenges, best practices, and solutions.
- Support and train Geriatric Fellowship program administrators/coordinators in mastering the increasingly complex role of program coordinator and as a valued member of the education program leadership team.
- Foster a nurturing and mutual learning network where experienced administrators/coordinators can mentor novice coordinators and novice coordinators bring forward fresh ideas.
- Promote and provide professional development and opportunities.
Linda Ferrie, Chair, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science; email@example.com
Robbin Bonanno: Yale School of Medicine; firstname.lastname@example.org
Andi Chisel: University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus; email@example.com
Cheryl Christenson: Hennepin County Medical Center; firstname.lastname@example.org
Erin Obrusniak: American Geriatrics Society; email@example.com
Carolyn Robinson: Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine; firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly (Taylor) Wheeler, LMSW: SUNY Upstate University; email@example.com
Skotti Church, MD, Physician Advisor, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus; Skotti.Church@ucdenver.edu
Upcoming and Past Events
Presentations and Materials
AGE-ACT Sessions – AGS Annual Scientific Meeting
2019 AGE-ACT Sessions
Wednesday May 1, and Thursday, May 2, 2019
The presentation slides and evaluation results from the AGE-ACT Sessions at the 2019 AGS Annual Meeting are listed below.
- A year in the life of the Geriatric Fellowship Coordinator/Administrator – Andi Chisel
- 10 Year Site Visit/Self Study – Kelly Wheeler and Cheryl Christenson
- How to plan a successful recruitment – Robbin Bonanno
- Evaluation Results