Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Memorandum of Understanding
Our Shared Commitment to Each Other
The success of the Geriatric Medicine Fellowship match is dependent on the trust and confidence we have in each other. This is an earned trust – we gain credibility by adhering to our commitments, displaying honesty and integrity, and reaching our goals for the field of geriatric medicine solely through honorable conduct.
Our Code of Ethics
- Purpose: The goal of the All-In Policy is to have all geriatric fellowship programs agree to participate in the NRMP Medical Specialties Matching Program, and in order to ensure the integrity of the Match process, agree to enter all of their available fellowship positions into the Match. Geriatric fellowship programs that agree to participate in the All-In Geriatric Match by executing the MOU will receive certain benefits (listed below) in the AGS/ADGAP Benefits of Participation, including access to fellowship candidate applications via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The MOU establishes the parties’ understanding and agreement to comply with the All-In Policy. Non-participating programs or programs who choose to keep a number of positions outside the Match to offer candidates, will not have access to the AGS/ADGAP Benefits of Participation.
- Program Requirements: All Geriatric Medicine programs that enter into the MOU agree to: 1) Complete the Match Participation Agreement listing all ACGME-accredited positions and hybrid-positions accurately. 2) Enter all eligible positions and tracks in the NRMP Match. Positions NOT eligible to be placed in the Match for various funding and lack of faculty reasons will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
AGS/ADGAP Benefits of Participation
- Geriatric Fellowship and Program Directors from participating programs who are also members in good standing of ADGAP will have access to the ADGAP Fellowship Assessment Toolkit on GeriatricsCareOnline.org
- Participating programs will receive discounts for licensing Geriatrics Care Online resources.
- Participating programs will be listed on the AGS/ADGAP website Directory of Fellowships.
- Participating programs who are also members in good standing of ADGAP will be able to post jobs on the ADGAP list serv.
- Participating programs will have access to the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- Fellowship and Geriatric Academic Program Directors and faculty from participating programs are eligible to serve on AGS Committees.