Aquifer Geriatrics (formerly webGEMs)
The 26 virtual patient cases in Aquifer Geriatrics address the geriatrics competencies developed by AAMC for medical students and endorsed by the AGS.
Aquifer Geriatrics (webGEMs) helps students learn the principles of geriatric medicine and integrate these principles into the care of their patients. With a range of cases spanning many specialties, the content stands alone as an educational tool or enriches an existing curriculum.
- Created for educators, by educators, to cover the full range of AAMC Geriatrics curriculum
- Available for institutional subscription or for direct purchase by individual subscribers
- Students discover the physiological, psychological, and functional changes that occur with aging and the multifaceted aspects of geriatric care
- Modules are function-focused and incorporate common diseases in older adults
- Proven pedagogy that standardizes experiences—overcoming geography, seasonality, and accessibility
- Evidence-based, peer-reviewed, and continuously updated content
- A wealth of source material—including embedded assessment questions and full references—in each case
- Delivered via the Aqueduct learning management system, which includes user management tools, easy reporting on student progress and course usage, plus tools for creating custom courses to match a specific curriculum
The cases were developed through a collaborative effort with authors from 35 different institutions. Topics covered include medication management, dementia, osteoarthritis, pain management, hospitalization, and many more.
Aquifer offers institutional and individual subscriptions for this course. Please visit Aquifer.org for more information.