ADGAP’s Mission and Goals
At the retreat, the Board re-affirmed ADGAP’s core mission and goals which are as follows:
The Association of Directors of Geriatric Academic Programs, Inc. (the ADGAP) is committed to advancing academic geriatrics programs and supporting academic geriatrics program directors in order to benefit and aid patient care, research, and teaching programs in geriatric medicine within accredited medical schools located in the United States.
- To identify emerging issues and problems pertaining to academic geriatric programs.
- To provide a forum to enhance communication among geriatric program leaders.
- To provide opportunities for current and emerging academic program leaders to develop and enhance the leadership skills that they need for serving as a Division Chief or Fellowship Director.
- To serve as a resource for information and data about academic geriatric programs.
- To promote the development of academic geriatric programs by assisting established programs as well as emerging programs and program directors.
- To issue pertinent policy statements and provide relevant information for influencing the creation of public policy.