In 2013, Geriatric Medicine joined the Match and ADGAP/AGS have been working towards 100% participation in the Match since that time. The Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Match is overseen by the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) Specialties Matching Service. The links on the left will help you with everything you need to know about the Match.
Since 2015, Geriatric Medicine has participated in the Medical Specialties Matching Program (MSMP). Geriatric Medicine moved to an earlier Match date (previously in January) to assist in meeting the needs of both candidates and programs.
ADGAP/AGS Benefits of Match Participation
Geriatric Fellowship Programs that agree to participate in the All-In Geriatric Match by signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) will receive certain benefits (listed below). Since implementing the MOU in 2018, we have achieved 98% participation of Geriatric Fellowship Programs in the Medical Specialties Matching Program. In keeping with our commitment to transparency, programs that have signed the MOU are listed under Institution Participation.
AGS/ADGAP Benefits of Participation
- Geriatric Fellowship and Program Directors from participating programs who are also members in good standing of ADGAP will have access to the ADGAP Fellowship Assessment Toolkit on GeriatricsCareOnline.org
- Participating programs will receive discounts for licensing Geriatrics Care Online resources.
- Participating programs will be listed on the AGS/ADGAP website Directory of Fellowships.
- Participating programs who are also members in good standing of ADGAP will be able to post jobs on the ADGAP list serv.
- Participating programs will have access to the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- Fellowship and Geriatric Academic Program Directors and faculty from participating programs are eligible to serve on AGS Committees.